Full time, Permanent
Primary (Years 1–6) / U4
We are a small, vibrant and diverse public primary school in the suburb of Birkdale on the North Shore of Auckland, located just a few minutes from the Harbour Bridge. As well as several mainstream classrooms, we have a 3-class bilingual French and English unit l’Étoile du Nord, and a Te Reo Māori and English whānau class, Ngā Muka. The school has expansive grounds, a school hall and a swimming pool. Our roll is 175 and growing.
The board is looking for a principal, who will lead the school in an exciting new direction. We want to expand cultural opportunities; integrate technology across the curriculum; and strengthen our programmes for those with special learning needs including the gifted and talented. We expect the successful candidate to be able to show:
- strong communication skills
- experience in engaging with whānau and community
- initiative in developing pedagogies and assessment for learning
- evidence of team-building and collegial inquiry
- problem-solving skills
- systems thinking
- motivational, inspirational, purposeful and culturally responsive leadership
- compassionate engagement with students and their families
- strategic capability
We love our small-community vibe – but feel ready to meet growing demand for a globally-oriented education service that values people and cultures. Our staff is hard-working, and the successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively to create a warm, welcoming and professional school atmosphere. Experience of working across cultural and linguistic boundaries will be an advantage.
School visits are welcomed. Please contact the appointments facilitator (details available on the Application Form) to arrange your visit.
THE INFORMATION PACK CONTAINS:
- Information about our school
- Full Job Description and Ideal Person Specification
- Application Form
- Referee Form